Head of the Belarusian Railway Vladimir Morozov met with General Manager of China Railway Corporation Lu Dongfu.
The representatives of the railway management discussed the current state and development prospects of container transportation in China—Europe—China direction. The sides mentioned the dynamic and steady growth of container transportation between China and Belarus.
Over the nine month of 2018 2373 container trains from 50 Chinese cities crossed Belarus to reach 40 cities in 15 European countries and come back. The trains transported 213,4 ths. containers, 25% more than in 2017. It is planned to transport at least 340 ths. containers by the end of the year.
Chinese side noted Belarus plays role of a main link for cargo transportation from China to Europe.
According to Vladimir Morozov, the Belarusian Railway also pays attention to the export of Belarusian products to China using container trains. The first container train transporting products of the woodworking company Kronospan in Smarhoń—Chengdu direction departed in May 2017.Read more…
- Representatives of the Belarusian Railway will take part in the 69th meeting of the Council for the railway transport of the Commonwealth Member States
- 17 Oct|Corporate News
- RZD Logistics and the Belarusian Railway agreed to cooperate on the development of transit services
- 12 Oct|Corporate News
- Tashkent hosts first meeting of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) railway administration heads
- 24 Sep|Corporate News
- The Belarusian Railway will take part in the International conference
- 7 Sep|Corporate News
- The four-capitals train Kiev—Minsk—Vilnius—Riga will begin operating on 28 September
- 30 Aug|Corporate News
- The Belarusian Railway will discuss future collaboration with the “Port of Duisburg”
- 14 Jun|Corporate News